Let me ask you something.. In the picture, what captures your attention first? And what part of the picture did you point your focus on or stared at for so long?
What you see might be different from what I see and what others see. Anyhow, what does the picture matter to you anyway? It’s just another picture that might be saying something inspiring like “hope is there even if what surrounds us are trashes”. You might think “Oh, I can clean up the mess” but how about if it was an everyday mess? Would you be willing to do it still? Or why would you clean up the mess? What does it matter to you anyway?
Let me point out something important here, deciding to clean up the mess or deciding not to clean up the mess defines our mindset. Moreover, the mindset of people may depend upon their upbringing, their environment or whatever that affects their lives.
What we have to see as people living in this world is that this world is our room, and we share this room together. If one part of the room is broken or trashed, it affects the other parts of the room. Going back to the picture, even if you won’t care about cleaning up the mess, it will still affect you. We are all liberated, but our freedom is relational; meaning, what we do will also affect others. When we decide on something, we accept the responsibilities and consequences abiding that decision.
But let’s accept it again, “No man is an island” and whatever decisions we make, we also give others part of the responsibility.
To shorten the long agony of explanations, LET’S DO SOMETHING THAT DOES GOOD BOTH TO OTHERS AND TO OURSELVES. And the main ingredient for a peace is not just love but UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
(Get the point? Others first before ourselves; Have a good day!)
Happiness is just a simple leap of faith
Are you happy with your life?
Job hopping, buying expensive stuff like houses & cars just to show off to friends that you are above average in your income?
Are you spending credit cards & over draft like mad just because of peer pressure to get the latest & the best things just to tell people you are “capable” or “rich”?
Are you under a lot of pressure to perform in your job and sometimes enslaved yourself and don’t have a balance work & life?
Yes, you have fallen into the same stage of many people trying to achieve the “American” Dream or the “your country” dream.
The dream of enjoying life as rich & wealthy but rarely find the time to really enjoy it.
Let me explain.
Life is not about money, if you interview all the richest people in the world and ask if they are really really happy.
Most may tell you flat out no! They are not the happiest man on Earth.
Some rich people do not have true friends, family and love ones as many people around them are greedy people with ulterior motives.
So many rich people are paranoid and fearful, some even have body guards for themselves and their kids just in case of kidnapping.
Many rich people have been associated with bad health as they can afford rich food that the poor can’t afford.
Many of these food are as so unhealthy that many develop gout which are commonly known as “the rich man’s disease”.
Ok, now you follow me that what we are doing now is just following what the system tells us, what the television tells us to do.
When you are young, you study hard and get a degree if possible a master or PHD.
When we are middle age, go out work as much as possible and slave for a savings that we know by the time we grow old are no longer worth it’s value.
Only to realized we regret at our death bed that we wish that we have more time to be with our love ones, have more time to see our kids grow up, can go out with friends more often and enjoy life.
We might also regret why we had not taken care of that stress, why we never eat the right food and why we didn’t exercise enough to keep that disease away.
Regret, regret, regret…lot’s of it.
Now, I can tell you we can all happiness by a simple leap of faith.
- Reduce spending to only buy the necessary
- Totally remove or cut off credit card and reserve that for emergency only.
- Identify ways to be healthy like eating healthy food (See documentary “Hungry for change”
- Daily 1 hour exercise is all it takes to be healthy, slow jog or walk will suffice and do not start pumping weights immediately without proper advice from professionals.
- Work life balance - Not all jobs can achieve that balance but if you are willing to cut your spending and earn less you can strike a balance easily. I became a landlord renting out rooms and balance my passion on my website reviews on simonvideo.com and health.
- Be happy - be contented with what you have and for things you want to get, use delay gratification instead of impulse buying. I saved a few months to get my iPad (3rd generation).
- Laughter - laughter is really the best medicine for stress & anxiety, always keep a couple of comedies around the house or in your gadgets to keep your mood up when times are bad. (I recommend “The Big Bang Theory”)
- See positive - the cup is half full always and if always find the positive light of things. Always don’t complaint about things happening to you but always think of possible solutions instead.
- Motivation - Sometimes motivation is hard to get but the best is to identify them quickly in life so that you can focus on the things that you want badly.
Sometimes it’s just love, some is fear but always make it an challenge and tell yourself that you will be better off challenging your mind/body to achieve this/that.
- Avoid reading news that are depressing and have no benefit to you, many news are generated to gather emotions that lure your mind into the negative territory, to be angry with something or someone. Those news are simple text & image that can destroy your mood for the day and sometimes it will take weeks or months to recover.
- Sleep -having sufficient sleeping will help you recover your energy & regenerate your body’s well being. It’s essential so avoid caffeine or energy drinks at night.
Opinion Of The World Today
The world today is on the verge of destroying itself and all that seems to be accomplished by the west is creating new enemies and new conflicts between countries, ethnic groups etc.
The world today is mostly has an western influence and this has caused huge amounts of strife amongst the people of these non western areas (Asia, Africa, Middle East). If this continues, it will most likely cause war and chaos which will involve us all in one way or another so i believe the west should stop interfering with the east and let them do their own things, stop global warming, remove weapons (nukes) and just get along. :D